To Babble or Not to Babble

So, this is pregnancy. Waking up at 5 hours of sleep to NEED to do something. Doing something and then sleeping for another 5 hours. Rambling thoughts that go everywhere, but when I try to remember where I've been, it's blank. No complete awareness of what's going on around me no matter how hard I concentrate at times. I don't trust myself driving. My memory is a sieve and I'm so not used to it - any of it. It consumed most of my waking thoughts - am I getting enough vitamins? have I already done irreversible damage? is it a boy or a girl? am I going to be strong enough when I need to be? will I remember the pain? will I resent my baby for the loss of time for me? can I trust myself?

posted under |

3 comments:

Cori said...

Yes. No. Girl. Yes. No. On occasion, but most of the time it'll more than make up for it. Yes.

Suz said...

Thanks, Cori.

neuba said...

I too will provide some answers - as recently becoming a mother, all of the things you are thinking of are still fresh in my mind.

Vitamins?: You are probably taking a prenatal vitamin - then Yes!

Irreversible Damage?: to what? Your memory?

Boy or Girl?: You'll find out in only a few short months.

Strong enough?: Sometimes Yes and sometimes No. When it's No, you lean on your hubby, A LOT, or family or friends.

Pain?: Yes and No. Remarkably, truly remembering what it felt like disappears relatively quickly.

Resent baby for loss of 'me time'?: Yes, however this too shall pass.

Trust?: You have to, and you will!

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments