Fireplace

There are some in this world who do not need or want a fireplace. Those people don't ever, or hardly ever, get snow on the ground. Those people don't know what they're missing.

Top ten reasons I love my new gas fireplace:

  1. I can create fire with the touch of a button instead of hopefully setting up the pyre properly so it lights a fire the first time.
  2. The cats are so happy and compliant and floppy when it is on. In fact, Smeagol is waiting for the fire to light right now.
  3. I don't have to worry about burning down my house because of a faulty chimney.
  4. It's a touch of button to go to bed instead of planning when to put the last log on the fire.
  5. The new fireplace looks really pretty and opens up the living room even though there is no actual new floor space.
  6. Cleaning all the wood out of the garage to create a lot more space.
  7. I don't have to sweet talk my dad into chopping firewood and making kindling for me.
  8. The chimneys don't have to be replaced. Mason work is expensive.
  9. There aren't ashes everywhere when I'm trying to clean it, add more wood, or make a new fire.
  10. It gives off more heat than the wood fireplace and it's a constant amount.
But I still miss the smell of the wood and the sound of crackles and pops as it burns.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments