Woogleyness

I didn't actually spend any money yet, but I just agreed to have someone come in and replace my water heater and furnace, install an air conditioner, and convert my wood fireplace to a gas fireplace. And that's on top of the money I've already said I'd spend on getting eavetroughs. I have to tell my neighbour about all this work, just to be neighbourly.

I didn't work on Wednesday. It was one of those days where I just couldn't do the job. I tried for about 45 minutes, then I called my boss and asked if I could take a vacation day that day and started to cry while doing it. There is nothing to worry about - just a day to not have to be responsible for anything. I laid in bed for 6 hours and read a book. I would call it a stress day, but I think it was more of a de-stress day as my stresses have been significantly relieved lately. And I got to have supper with my mom.

And while Cheruby did not make the top 10 in his contest and we're understandably disappointed, it is still kind a fabulous feat to be in the top 10% of all the entries. I will be taking him out to celebrate this new feather in his cap this week.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments