Tarot

Apparently, it takes almost 2 hours to flip through over 800 tarot decks. I was inspired by AJ's recent reading for Ril as well as a conversation I was having with her. I told her that I wasn't sure if I wanted a tarot deck. Maybe I'm reluctant because I don't want to tempt myself in believing in it too much. They are a guidance tool, a way to help you look at a situation differently. I don't want it to be true. Cheruby's first reading for me was about us and I didn't like what it had to say - everything long term was icky. I haven't wanted anything to do with them since then. I couldn't think of way to interpret the cards that wasn't bad.

Cheruby and I were in Witch's Brew last weekend where we perused the tarot. I picked up a few decks and then pointed to one and said, "That one." I knew it immediately from my last review of tarot decks from the website in March, but there were WAY less decks then. It certainly didn't take me 2 hours to review them and discuss the options with Cheruby.

In this last review, I had to set my criteria of what I would and wouldn't like so that it was easier to identify. I don't like ones that use non-traditional names for the cards. That cuts out a lot of them. Oddly enough, I don't like ones with animals as the main characters. I don't like ones where the cards have named characters like the Legend: Arthurian Tarot deck. That one would have made it except for the naming thing. It bugged me too much. And there was one erotic deck that I quite liked as well.

Having said all that, I will never buy a tarot deck for myself. The superstition exists that a tarot deck should be bought for you by someone else. And yes, it is just that, a superstition. However, if I'm going to have a tarot deck, I might as well follow the superstitions. Maybe I'd like one afterall. All the ones I like are on My Wish List.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments