Our First Date

Was one year ago today. I remember being completely bonkers. I didn't feel that any of my clothes were good enough for this first date. I dragged a co-worker shopping with me at lunch and I tried on many, many shirts. The last one I had in the change room was it - an orange T-shirt. And I looked so darn cute in it! It was my first thought when I saw myself in the mirror. Then I came out and my thoughts were echoed by the salesperson and my friend.

There are certain things I remember from that night. I remember losing badly at Lord of the Rings. I remember the grilled cheese sandwiches we had for supper. What else do you have at Lydia's that's reliably good? I remember the place being pretty much empty although I'm not sure how much of that was just me being wrapped up in our date. I remember having to let you pay so you could "feel like a big man." And I remember how I laughed at that. I remember holding hands on our walk along the river. I remember not feeling very self conscious and just thoroughly enjoying myself. I remember how messy your hair was. I remember trying to find that smile I saw in your picture. I remember a kiss on my hand goodnight although you really wanted to kiss my lips. I remember a hug too. I remember the story about why you walk the way you do. And I remembered that your best friend's name was Matt. I remember flapping and how it made me giggle. I probably filled Lydia's with my laughter that night. I remember driving in my car to park next to yours while we walked so we could walk back to our cars together later.

And I remember being so certain about you. Here we are, clowder and all.

posted under |

2 comments:

rilla said...

Lovely post, Suz. I can't believe that was a year ago. Man. What a year.

neuba said...

New relationships are full of wonder, surprise, intrigue, giddiness, laughter....

It has been awhile since I've seen the two of you, but from what I can remember you still have that.

That is fantastic.

Miss you! I'll be back on the May long weekend.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments