Musings on Dating

Relationships are unpredictable beasts. Before any alarms are raised, I'm still floating on cloud nine, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing anything that I should have noticed by now.

I'm dating. Actually dating. I've never done this before. I've always known the person I dated before we started dating - ran in the same social circles or became friends with through organized activities, then we would mutually decide that there is also an attraction to our friendship. So this dating thing is really new.

I feel like there is much less at stake this way so I have a lot of freedom to choose the right thing for me without the worry of upsetting someone else besides the person that I'm dating.

There are so many things I don't know about all this. Most of all - me! I've noticed in the past that sometimes I have really been excited about dating a new guy, but then two weeks later realize that there is nothing between us because I was only excited about dating someone. Only it's just been me who felt that way. The guy still really liked me. I've been doing some internet reading, because everyone is an expert on dating, and it's pretty common that most people go through that re-evaluation at the one-month mark. I must just be more advanced than most. Heh.

So I know all this is normal babble, but I needed to get it out of my system so that I didn't go crazy in the meantime while all my feelings and emotions sort themselves out.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that it's considered rude to fart really loud until at least after the third date. However, that being said, who wants to date a fuddy-duddy?

hee hee

Better to have a farty-darty.

(snicker)

Suz said...

LOL

uh-oh, you're pretty intelligent, Christopher. It's a good thing you have such a fanastic imagination that could wrestle your intelligence to the mat any time, any where.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments