Bonjour

I'm still laughing so hard that I can barely breath, let alone type.

So, being cheeky as I sometimes get when I'm in a good mood, I answer the phone in a non-standard manner by saying "Bonjour." No call display since I was upstairs but I fugred, who could possibly be phoning me that wouldn't be likely to understand my playing.

National Census Agency.

Taking a poll on the English and French language usage.

Nope, I'm not making this up.

I had to suppress my shock and surprise before interrupting the French dialogue I was eventually going to have to respond to. I laughed really really hard when he re-introduced himself in English. He apologized to me because he thought I'd answered in French. I confessed that I had. It confused him, the poor sot. And I laughed some more. In fact, I think I giggled through the whole call. I felt obliged to answer his questions after confusing him so badly. He actually asked me twice during the call why I'd answered in French. Ummmm... All I could come up with was that I was being cheeky.

My tummy hurts from laughing so hard.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments