Alive!

I have the "Laurence Olivier for Diet Coke" song/skit/bit-of-funniness going through my head now.

This is your basic yes-we're-alive post from Calgary. We got finished cleaning the apartment at 6:22 p.m. and then went to my house to pack the car. And boy, did we pack it. We left my house at about 8:30 p.m. and didn't manage to really fit much besides my stuff (I don't travel light) and the futon mattress into my Acura Integra. Of course, I could still use my rear view mirror effectively which I suppose we could have done without, but it makes me twitchy.

Lots of stops and fresh air breaks to help us stay awake and we arrived safely at our destination at 1:15 a.m. Keep in mind there was a time zone change so we made it in 5 hours and 45 minutes, not 4 hours and 45 minutes. That would be crazy!

It was a full moon and the stars were brightly shining for over half the trip. I love driving under a full moon. You can always distinguished the horizon and see the outlines in the ditch at a bit more of a distance. I usually freak myself out driving in pitch black when there is no moon. Murderers with hooks hiding in the ditches and all that. Silly campfire stories.

There were some giggle-filled moments of tiredness in the car, but I don't remember why anymore. It was a good trip. Great conversations are priceless. iPods are awesome too, but they can be bought.

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeepers, even I can't drive that fast!!! Glad to hear safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Well, safe anyway!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I was driving that fast. I just needed to get to Calgary. I was very focused on driving between the lines.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments