Whirlwinds and Flurries

Lots of activity to report this week. While a long winter's nap after work on Monday, I got up to do 4 hours of baking of biscuits and this wonderful cinnamon bread that a friend gave me the starter and recipe for. A diversity week celebration potluck on Tuesday was the reason for all the baking and those in attendance were not disappointed as other dishes were deer roast, sweet and sour ribs, two delicious rice dishes, black forest cake, cheese and crackers, salad, and all other the goodies.

Tuesday evening brought together friends of all sorts frolicking in the heroic land of Paragon City.

Wednesday gave me the opportunity to show a friend who I work with that our office really is a community of extraordinary caring individuals. And I'm so glad my company values their employees needs to be there for each other in hard times such as a parent passing away. The funeral services were moving and I truly felt God's presence. The evening proved to be full of great conversation, pizza, and a dining room table delivery. My dad spent the night and we had a really good visit.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments