Edmonton Weekend

What a full and fulfilling weekend it was. Shopping for clothes, shoes, luggage, a kettle, presents, a programmable thermostat, and many other wonderful things. And yet, shopping was not the focus of the weekend.

Good company was the focus of the weekend. I got to know one of my co-workers a little bit better and got to meet others face to face for the first time at a Christmas party for which I had a new outfit and looked just as smashing as everyone else, except a certain 48 year-old who I can only dream to compare to. I spent time with my friend and his new wife. I was glad to finally have some time to get to know her a bit better. I first met her at the wedding. She obviously makes Owen very happy so that's good enough for me. And besides that, I like her.
Spending time with some other friends for supper was great. I haven't spent any time with them in much, much too long. I'd forgotten how much fun I have hanging out with them. And the food was delicious! Others that I would have like to have seen weren't in the city last weekend, so I was out of luck. My mom and I stayed with my aunt which was great. I really appreciate my time with her as she has so many experiences in life and her wisdom is invaluable. Not to mention how much fun she is. She makes me smile. And she makes my mom smile which is even better. My cousin was out for lunch with us one day so we were able to chat a bit. I don't spend enough time with her either. She's always been someone to look up to for me. Oh and then there were the 9 cats I spent time with this weekend.

All of these things weren't rushed or on a tight schedule. I moved things around to suit each day. And mom just hung out with her sister. I think it did them both good. Mom and I agreed to do it again next year.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments