Calgary

So here I am in Calgary after my fabulous weekend in Drumheller.

I haven't sat still for very long since I got here - except at my desk all week and then today watching many, many episodes of Six Feet Under. I felt very busy all week.

My brother told me he was jealous of me. So I asked why. I was pretty sure I knew, but I wanted to hear him say it. [grin] I decided to work in Calgary this week because I can. Heh. It's the little things that make life grand.

I worked too much this week. Last Sunday from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. which just started the whole week off badly. In early and staying late some days too. And then today for a few hours again. The beautiful thing is that I don't resent it. I feel like it's worth it because people are counting on me and that means something.

The highlights of the week:
1. Meeting some of my staff that I hadn't met before.
2. Swimming with my niece and nephew.
3. Watching Six Feet Under.
4. Seeing my niece and nephew each morning before work and having them yell in unison from the front door, "Good-bye Auntie Suzi."
5. Seeing friends I haven't made time for in a long while.
6. Getting an expected note from someone who really believes in me.
7. Learning that Chinese food leftovers are edible - just get them to put the sauce on the side.
8. Talking to the people in Saskatoon that I miss terribly and it's only been a week - including hearing my cat purr it up at the sound of my voice.
9. Having people feel that they can tell me when I've done something wrong without fear of breaking me.
10. Hugs from my family and friends and feeling connected.

While I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night, I'm going to miss everyone here. I really need a teleporter.

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I anm soooooo glad you had a great week! I miss you!

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments