It's Been A Week

... since my last post.

My mom called me on Sunday desparate for an update on my life. Heh. She had to call.

Work has kept me on my toes, that's for sure. I have to admit that I absolutely love visiting my team members. I can't wait to meet the rest of them. I don't know when that'll be, but I'm really looking forward to it. Hell, I really love my team. I'm so proud of what they do every day and how well they do it. I feel very lucky to have them. I feel so naive as a manager when I say that, but it's truly how I feel. I'm sure it's only going to get better too.

I had a doctor's appointment today. Everything is good. I was freakin' a bit because they called me after I had bloodwork done. I hate that. It means I have to go visit them and be all in suspense about what's wrong this time. Well, duh, of course I have Hepatitis A antibody, I was immunized over a year ago. Freak me out for nothing. Sheesh! Anyway, so all is well and I'm 5 pounds lighter this year than I was last. That made me feel good too.

Training for the rest of the week at work. Learning HR portion of one of payroll programs. It'll be good. I have to duck out for a bit to do an interview or two on Thursday. Looking forward to the new experience of interviewing external candidates. I have to redo the interview questions as they are more geared toward an internal applicant. It'll be fun though.

Learned a lot about Winnipeg last week because I got to drive there. I love driving. I almost missed my plane, but I love driving. It's so exhilarating, especially driving in a new place, getting lost and finding my way again because I'm that good. Heh.

And I found the drink that I've been missing most of all last week - Crown Royal and Coke. Sooo sweet. Sooo yummy. Sooo goofy - I was positively goofy. My companion while I drank it (no, my companion wasn't the drink) felt the need to protect his drink more and more as my gesticulating while I talked got bigger and bigger. [giggle] I like being goofy, not tipsy, just goofy. Maybe tipsy and goofy. It was a good evening.

And tonight - Gilmore Girls!!! Oh, what an exciting life.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments