Yep, It's a Cold

I had the strangest chiropractor appointment yesterday. Dr. Marshal Montgomery made a few adjustments to my back and foot, but then he asked if I was congested because of my cold. The sneezing, runny nose portion of my cold hit yesterday and I ran out of tissues just before my vacation and then I went through the last of my co-worker's box who sits next to me and so I was travelling around the office stealing tissues from everyone equally so no one person felt the burden of my nose-blowing tissue needs. Of course, that's waaaaaaaaaaay too much information so I'll digress.

The treatment Dr. M gave me was massaging my sinuses and ensuring that all the gross build up didn't settle and become a real problem. He vibrated my head and my chest. And he patted my back on each side and of course, I got the full treatment because he also said a little rhyme for me about Betty and some bitter butter or something like that. It was entertaining and made me smile. It's his kids' favourite.

Then I locked my keys in the trunk of my car.

And I woke up this morning able to still breath which is a first for any cold I've ever had so something must have been good about the treatment in combination with the 4 litres of water I drank.

I must have started hallucinating because I swear I just heard my roommate say, "I am a gimp." I gotta go to bed.

posted under |

5 comments:

neuba said...

It is a song from the Flintstones. I can't remember the exact words, however the song is playing in my head as I type.

Yes, yes, I am a HUGE fan of the Flintstones. I do have the first 3 sessions on DVD. Can't wait for the rest to come out.

Hee Hee!

Suz said...

Are you sure? He said it was a nursery rhyme that I found on the net:
Betty Butter bought a butter,
But the butter Betty Butter
bought was too bitter,
So Betty Butter bought a
better butter to make the
bitter butter better.

neuba said...

Ok,ok. I am wrong on this one. I must have been thinking of something else.. Oh well.

Amy said...

The way *I* heard it (from a Sharon, Lois and Bram record... it was my baby sister's! Honestly!)

Betty Botter bought some butter
And she said "This butter's bitter!
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter,
But a bit of better butter would but make my batter better!"
So, 'twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.

I'm frightened to think how many brain cells I have occupied with stuff like this...

Suz said...

Amy! You're a trivia machine! That was it exactly. I *thought* it was longer than the one I found.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments