Monterey

STILL haven't come down from my I'm-in-California high.

We drove to Monterey from San Jose today. The drive was amazing - the road, the scenery, everything. I've got more details written in my paper journal of the trip so I'll add some later, but right now, I'm just thrilled to be here.

The Monterey Aquarium - I hear angels singing. Otters, fish, so many cool fish, and jellyfish. EEeeeeeeee... the jellyfish. And the otters. And the kelp forest. And the penguins. And the seals out in the bay. And sooo freakin' cool.

And there was an amazing sock store. Heh. I only walked out with one pair.

Managed to sit at a table of 9 people in a pub that was mostly Saskatoonians. Heh. Much fun!

Then a walk in Los Gatos when I expected all the shops to be closed, but no siree! The gelato place where Chris got some fond memories. The Kid in a Candy store with an m&m dispenser to really envy. And the Mad Hatress. I was in heaven. And just knowing a store named Purrsnickety makes me happy.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments