Surprise Visit

Wednesday this week held a surprise visit from my mom which meant I got no housework done, but I'm okay with that. People are more important than doing housework. We had supper at the Saigon Rose. They changed the menu and it was printed on fancy paper that was roses in the background. I thought that a bit odd until just now when I wrote down the name of the restaurant. Just a little slow this week. A day and a half lag time...

Then we went to the new Wal-Mart. I got some presents for my cat because he was still so traumatized from the bat. I had to call several vets before one finally said, "He's had his shots? Then don't worry about it. This is why you get your pets vaccinated." How hard was that? They all just wanted to know about the bat which I didn't care about at all. I digress. After Wal-Mart, I took my mom to campus. I don't know why. We parked by Kirk Hall and walked past physics to the bowl. I hadn't ever taken her there before. We didn't have a lot of time because she had to drive back to Nipawin yet. I took her to the geology building and there was a flaming fish of some sort that was brilliant orange and had bright royal purple edging on his tail fin. I really like that fish. We snooped around in there for a bit. Mom was amazed by everything. Asked me questions like, "You mean just anyone can come into these buildings and walk around anytime they want?" She's so cute. We went through the physics building to get back to the car and tried to get into Physics 165 just to show her a room, but it was locked. Then just back to the car and home. I don't make enough time to do things like that anymore. There's always some obligation that seems to keep me from doing them. And I'm mostly lazy.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments