In Winnipeg Again

But this time, I have my computer and an internet connection so I'm free as a bird and have no dishes to do.

My new boss was nice enough to give me the afternoon off on Friday. It did me a lot of good and gave me some time with my friends who were in visiting. One of them had laser eye surgery that went very well. And I got to spend the rest of the weekend with them. On Friday, we just went to Moxie's for supper after I had a haircut and they went to see Dr. Marshall Montgomery who is our fabulous chiropractor. I hope I get to see him soon.

And one of my friends painted my toenails Typhoon blue. Hee!

Saturday was good. We went to Elephant and Castle for lunch and then went to a store called Atlantis 2000 and bought some rocks. And I already lost the honey calcite today. Then I went home for a nap while they went for massages with my regular massage therapist who I love very much as well. She told me this great joke once or twice.

Q: What did one strawberry say to the other strawberry?

Then my roommate left the house and I had 2 whole hours to myself. The first 15 minutes I spent moping about being all stressed and woe-is-me like and phoned my mom. She was feeling the same so we made a deal. If she got off her butt, I'd get off mine. And it worked for both of us cuz I checked yesterday. I spent the rest of my alone time cleaning, doing dishes, doing laundry and it felt great. Oh and the music may have been a tad loud and I may have frightened my roommate's girlfriend who was incredibly sweet in dropping off a book of my roommate's that I'd wanted to share with my friends. In fact, she had lent the book to another person who she couldn't find so she bought a copy of the book for herself so that she could give a copy back to my roommate cuz I wanted to read it with my friends. Sounds like something I'd have done. She claims she wanted to buy it anyway so I'm going to believe her.

Anyway, I digress. The evening was spent watching the movie Jawbreaker. I love this movie. It's great. It's no Heathers, but it's still great. My friends thought it was cheesey. I thought it was extremist and cheeky, but not really cheesey.

Then Sunday, one friend went her own way as she had much shopping to do before heading home. And the other one came with me and we shopped and had a great time although I was crushed when the shirt that I really, really wanted wasn't at the store anymore. They'd been bought quite quickly. And my co-worker won't sell me hers. I asked. But then I went to another store that I've never shopped in before and they had shirts in my size! I was so very happy. I'll definitely be going back there. Oh and La Senza was having an underwear sale. [grin]

The we joined up with my boyfriend to go see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. [GRIN] Very much fun, it was. Johnny Depp still rocks and from the looks of this list, will continue to rock for some time. My friend went home shortly after that and then my boyfriend and I watched a few episodes of Firefly. Only two episodes left and then just the wait for Serenity. [sigh]

Ooooo... I just found the honey calcite I thought I'd lost today. It was on the floor in my hotel room. I guess I got lucky this time.

A: If you hadn't been so fresh last night, we wouldn't be in this jam.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments