Fourth Anniversary of a 29th Birthday

On my way to Regina today, I was reminded about a friend of mine to whom I once tried to pay a compliment and instead said she was fat. [sigh] Not my intention. I loved her new jeans and they were stripey, which meant that no matter what shape you were to begin with, they made your body proportions look better. And to be perfectly clear, I'm envious of this particular friend's fitness level and she is not fat. And yes, this was years ago and I'm still obsessing because I feel horrible about the whole thing. And everytime I tried to make it better, of course, I just stuck my foot deeper into my mouth.

I got to sleep in this morning which was great. I had a faboo nap after work yesterday too. In fact, I'm feeling pretty rested right now even though it's 2 a.m. And I'm pretty sure that I'll be wiped out on Monday again.

Celebrating the 4th anniversary of one's 29th birthday is fun because people have to do math. There were a lot of people I didn't know at this party and way more children than I was expecting. And there were some great conversations and funny bits. All the new parents (as there were quite a few newish babies) indulged my cat stories because he is my baby right now. It's amazing to think that my kitten is now 9 years old which means that a lot of my closest friends, I have known for that long as well. Someone was talking about shooting a coworker with a p-filled watergun. My thoughts immediately filled with, "That's an odd thing to put in a watergun. And how useful would that be exactly as watergun openings are not that big. Small peas, I guess. Still an odd thing to say. And why is everyone else so into this?" We may have already changed topics when my lightbulb went off. Pee, not pea. Still very amusing for all. Of course, I shared my shame as there would be no shame if I didn't share.

And to all the people who felt that it was not necessary to join in the 4th anniversary celebrations, you missed the opportunity to eat brains.

I miss being around my Regina friends more often. Not so much that I would move, but enough that I want them to move back to Saskatoon.

Almost forgot something. I was singing so loud and so much today in the car that I gave myself a headache. And I couldn't stop smiling.

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that particular compliment. Oh, the memories. They did make her hips look smaller ;)

Anonymous said...

Bwah hah hah hah!

I`d have forgotten that whole thing by now if your reaction hadn`t been so fun. And it still is!

*A

Suz said...

Heh. I will probably remember that until I'm old and wrinkled and can't remember my own name.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments