Dice Rolling A Plenty

We played Earthdawn tonight which was really good. The dice system is actually quite easy, no stupid math. And you get to use all your dice - 20-sideds, 12-sideds, 10-sideds, 8-sideds, etc. Good dice rolling fun even though I was too tired to really concentrate so shiny things and the Brat kept distracting me.

Got to see a friend on her quick stop in the city on her way through from Winnipeg to Slave Lake.

The second part of the interview, even though I didn't get part of the task done, went much, much better today. I was pleased with my presentation skills. Completely different person than the spaz in the interview Monday.

Went to check out our United Way Day of Caring project site with a coworker and then we went looking for supplies a bit. We get to spruce up a library at a local community centre and put in more bookshelves to help with the literacy program they are trying to start up. The guy who runs the program is busier than I ever would voluntarily be. I have a lot of respect for what he does because I don't think I'd have the endurance for it.

I waited a really long time to book our tickets to San Francisco and what happens the week after I buy them? There is a seat sale - a really, really cheap one. $139 one way from Calgary to San Francisco. Grrr... Through a little prompting from some good friends, I phoned WestJet to see what could be done. There was a $30 change fee for each person, but we still saved over $100. It's not the $170 our friends saved, but it's better than paying full fare. Although the travel credit they wanted to give me was utterly useless as this is the first time I've ever bought a ticket for a personal flight and chances are I won't be doing it again any time soon so they were able to credit back my credit card, but only after a warning that they'd only do it once.

Have a Calgary friend coming to Saskatoon tomorrow. It'll be really nice to give him a hug and just hang out with him. Nothing too exciting planned, but whatever we do, it'll be nice to have him around.

I can hear the rain falling outside my open window and it's one of my favourite sounds. No wonder I've been sleeping so well this week. The rain is the best lullaby for me. It's how I got through my first few weeks in my new house last September.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you saved so much money on the flights! And it turns out that y'all will be arriving 45 minutes before our other guests' flight leaves, so the timing really couldn't be better. I am *so* looking forwards to this...

*A

Suz said...

Now that's planning... ;)

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments