Vancouver

Vancouver is so beautiful. There were so many flowers in bloom and some that were already done their spring bloom. It was absolutely gorgeous.

My "business" trip was really a reward for a year of volunteer extra duties and all the extras I do around my office as the Location Manager. All the Location Managers from across Canada, 10 of us, got to go to Vancouver for three days. And there was only a half day of meetings. We got a professional tour of Vancouver, supper and shopping on Granville Island, and an afternoon at the aquarium.

The fresh seafood part of being on the coast was a bit lost on me, but I do love halibut so I had that twice and then filet mignon for a third meal. I was in heaven, really. Even on the South Beach Diet, all these are fantastic options. I was impressed at still having lost a 1/2 pound last week. Being on vacation usually spells disaster for most diets.

On our third day, a co-worker from the Winnipeg office and I rented a car and went to Chinatown to visit Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden. It was amazing and we didn't even take the tour which would have told us about the meaning behind everything in the garden like the colour of the water, the shape of the roof and the double corridor.

And then we went shopping in Steveston which is at the south end of Richmond. My co-worker thought I was going to buy an entire store, but the service was just so thorough - they even gave me extra tissue paper for when I wrap a gift that I'd bought there.

The hotel I stayed at left a lot to be desired. It was the Hilton Vancouver Airport. I've written them a letter expressing my extreme disappointment so we'll see if they make up for it. On the other side of that coin, the service I received from the Enterprise Rent-A-Car location next to the Richmond Best Western on Westminster Hwy was absolutely fabulous. Courteous, respectful, helpful and accommodating.

posted under |

5 comments:

neuba said...

Suzi, those are awesome pictures. I am sooooo very jealous. The west coast is my favorite place to be, and I am fighting the temptation RIGHT NOW to jump up and pack my bags for a trip. I need a vacation I think. The pictures have definitely got me excited about San Francisco.

Sounds like you had a good time on your *business trip*. Hopefully there will be more of those in the future for you.

I look forward to reading your blog in the future. Check me out if you haven't @ neuba.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Geez, Suz. If you were going to Vancouver, the least you could have done was cross the Pacific Ocean to visit me in Adelaide.

-Malcolm

P.S. You're an amazing person. Don't ever forget that.

Suz said...

Malc - I know, I know! What's another 8000 miles or so? [grin]

Marcia - I doubt I'll see another business trip like that anytime soon, but I can always hope. Tomorrow, it's back to the same old grind.

Anonymous said...

I once wrote a letter to a company experessing how impressed I was with the service, expecting any sort of response. That was almost two years ago...

Suz said...

I'm not expecting a response from either of them, really. I just needed to write them. The good with the bad and all that jazz. Keeps a person looking on the bright side. Mostly.

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments